Spring Nail Polishes! | Sophie

Hi peeps, welcome back! 

As spring is now here, (although it may not seem like it in East Anglia these last few days hail stones and all.) I thought this weeks blog post would be a great opportunity to share with you my favourite nail polishes as we slowly but surely go into spring! Some are old fav's and some are new purchases! I have hundreds of favourites but these are my top 5!


Here they all are! There is a mix of high street and salon here with Barry M, OPI, Essie and Nails Inc, but all worth the money none the less!




The colour I've had on my nails since Sunday (you may have seen, I posted it on Facebook and Instagram earlier on in the week) is OPI's gorgeous periwinkle-purle shade from the Euro Centrale mini's collection, You're Such a BudaPest. It's the prettiest shade of purple, almost has a blue-y grey tint to it in some lights, I bought this when the collection first came out and I am still in love with it! A good dupe for this would be Barry M's Prickly Pear Gelly Nail polish, they are so similar, but the OPI is ever so slightly darker. 



This one is Barry M's Gelly in the shade Lychee, this for me is the most wearable nude I think I've ever found, It's great for all skin shades and suitable for people of all ages, I think my mum has her own bottle which she regularly uses. It's perfect for everyday wear, or even for that expensive manicure look for a night out! The Barry M Gelly's are my fav's! They have a great thickness, long lasting and the most gorgeous shades!


Another Barry M Gelly, recently featured in our latest haul video is Huckleburry, it's a very pale baby blue, perfect for this years spring trends, it's again a really wearable colour, it's also a great way of keeping in trends and adding a pop of colour to any look! 


This has to be my absolute favourite for this time of the year! I got so excited about Spring I think I may have bought this just after christmas! This is Essie's Mint Candy Apple! This really is the perfect mint green colour! Great to wear with other pastel shades and florals this time of year! The Essie polishes are more expensive, but they are so worth it! I even got a few Essie polishes at an amazing price on AllBeauty.com they even have OPI's on there too check it out!


Finally is this beautiful Peach colour from Nails Inc, You're a Peach! It makes my pasty hands look tanned, which I love! This is from last year, I got it in InStyle magazine but Barry M's Peach Melba is almost the same colour, slightly more pinky but still these peachy pinks are beautiful this time of the year!


And finally, as always, something I just have to add in is the Seche Vite fast dry topcoat! You can brush it on as thick as you like and it literally drys touch dry in minutes! A complete life saver! If you're anything like me and you can't sit still for 20 minutes to wait for your nails to dry! Seriously get it! One bottle will last you ages if you buy the Seche Vite Top Coat Restore, as it does go a little bit gloopy after a while, and this stuff makes it like brand new! I've even added a few drops into some old polishes too to get them back to life and it's worked a charm! Here's where you can find them!

Don't forget always use a good base coat to stop stains and help you polish stay on even longer, I am currently using Sally Hansen Hard as Nails, it really helps to strengthen my nails and I've noticed I've had less heart-aching breakages! 


Hope this has been a help into what colours to pick this spring!  

What are your favourite polishes for this season?
Do you have any cheap dupes or alternatives for these colours? Let me know in the comments down below or even post you nail pics on Instagram with the hashtag #thecococrush.


Lots of love! Sophie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment