First Beauty Buys of 2015 | Sophie

So It's come to the end of January, and the nearing the end of the January sales! Needless to say I took it upon myself to check out the sales and make a few purchases!
 


I managed to grab a huge saving at the Debenhams YSL counter, as some of their gift sets left from Christmas were half price! Having never tried anything from this brand before, I thought it would be the

 I picked up the Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll mascara half price! It even came with a free sample size eye makeup remover but I am yet to try that! So far I'm completely in love with the mascara, I was a Benefit They're Real girl all the way, but this gives me so much lift and separation and doesn't go clumpy atall! Definitely recommend, it is a tad on the pricey side at £24.40 for the set but here's the link for it in the debenhams sale at £16.33! GRAB IT WHILE YOU CAN LADIES!





Next up is the Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclait foundation, this wasn't on offer but the girl on the counter was sooo helpful and did a tester of my shade on me and I wondered around town for a little bit, checked how it looked in daylight etc, and I fell in love with it! It's very light coverage but can be built up, I have the shade B10 - Beige, pretty much the lightest shade going but... Winter life.
I'm very used to my high street foundations, so with the £30.50 price tag I needed to be sure I liked it. Some shades have been recently discontinued I believe, but check them out here!



Next up is my latest primer, there was a lot of hype about this last year in the beauty world, and never got round to buying it to give it a try, this is the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
It's similar in consistency to the Benefit PoreFessional. As far as High Street primers go, I really like this one in terms of quality and price at only £7.99. I either mix it with my foundation, or apply it to my face before concealing, I find it really helps under eye concealer glide on! 


I went to my local Body Shop Outlet and picked up some items on their buy 3 and get 30% offer!

First up it my favourite new thing for taking off ALL my makeup, even mascara, this is the Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter. I just get a small amount and rub it all over my face and eyes, it goes from a solid balm to an oil and just breaks down all your makeup! So soft and gentle and smells really luxurious! 

 
I really am awful at keeping my skin hydrated and moisturised, I just have no patients to wait for thick body butters and creams to dry, and end up having morning fights with wet legs and skinny jeans! So I picked this all in one oil up from The Body Shop. It can be used on your face, skins and even hair! It is the Beautifying Oil in Pink Grapefruit. I put this on straight out of the shower and it dries almost instantly which is great for impatient self! A little amount goes a long way and it smells really fresh and keeps my skin super soft, I'm yet to try it on my hair but i'll keep you all posted! 


The winter weather and winter eating has recently taken a toll on my skin, it's been so dry and I've suffered with a lot of break outs, so thought I would try something that will rehydrate my skin overnight. I've never used a serum before so I grabbed myself one of the Vitamin E Overnight Serum-In-Oil and it does wonders to my skin, after cleansing and toning my skin, I pop a few drops of this all over my face, and in the morning dryness and blemishes are massively reduced! It is so soft and gentle and smells gorgeous! 


As per usual I couldn't help but pick up myself ANOTHER nail polish while I was in town on a beauty rampage... Yasmin also has this and I saw it on her nails, knew I have nothing like this in my collection so grabbed one! It's from one of my favourite lines - Barry M Gelly, in the shade coconut.
It's the perfect creamy-white, I have other while polishes but this one has a very subtle pinky-grey tone to it which looks a bit warmer, this paired with the revlon base and top coat, you're set for a week of chip free gorgeous nails! 



And finally the newest in cult beauty for 2015, the Bold Metals Collection by Real Techniques 301 Flat Contour. I had to order this rose gold beauty! When I got it I was so impressed, the quality of the brush is brilliant, I've never felt something so soft on my face! This brush it £22 but well worth it for that ultimate contour! It works beautifully with both cream and powder products, cannot wait to purchase the other brushes form the range! 




Hope you liked this post! 
Many more to come for this year hopefully!

What was your favourite beauty product of 2014?
Have you bought any of these products?

Love Sophie
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment