Pilates - Mats, Pants and Positions | Sophie

Today's post is all about my new favourite thing to do a few times a week! Pilates! I go once a week to a group class with my Mum and a few friends! Then try to do it from home using youtube videos.

Here's a little insight into what I wear to a group, my mat and what kind of videos I like to watch from home!

My yoga is lime green - typical, I got this from TK Maxx for £16.99 (link here), it's by Calmia, it's made from eco-friendly recycled materials, which in all honesty I wasn't too fussed about, I wanted something that was thick enough and a nice bright colour! I got green and Mum got the coral one featured on the website. It's really lightweight, comfortable to exercise on and comes with a cool carry strap which stops it from unrolling!


I tend to wear my general gym clothes to Pilates, it does get quite warm in the studio! I wear 3/4 length running leggings, the majority of my gym clothes are either from H&M or JD's Pure sport range! These are nice and thick which is just what you want - not thin see through ones which i've found happens Nike ones to go after a few washes! I love having matching outfits, so today's colour was blue as you can see. The Pure range from JD Sports is really affordable, lovely designs and comfortable which is what I look for in exercise wear. (link here)


I tend to wear a vest style top to work out in, it's just most comfortable for me, sleeves aren't really my thing. So typically I wore the matching top for my leggings, also from Pure. These are about two years old and are still in perfect nick, so definitely worth the money if you're looking into getting a nice collection of gym/exercise wear.

The trusty sports bra... not always necessary for Pilates or Yoga, but I love how they fit and I like to feel secure whilst stretching and balancing! Shock Absorber is by far my fav, a tad on the pricey side, but they wash up well, have a nice choice of colours and they do an array of sizes for us girls! Can you see a theme here with today's outfit, rather pink and blue... (link here)


I always take a jumper or pull over with me, and this is my new favourite thing, I wear it to classes, to the gym, sometimes even popping to the shop. It's my Reebok jumper, it's in the same work out clothes material, has a roll neck and even thumb holes in the sleeves which I love! This was £38 but I've really got a lot of wear out of it this last month! Have looked everywhere for a link for you to get one but it's no where to be found! I did purchase it from DW Sports (Link here).

I usually do Yoga or Pilates in just socks, but these are my favourite gym trainers, the are bright green  (obviously) and yellow. They are the Nike Air Flex 3 running trainers, they're cheaper than the Nike Free Runs or Roshe's but for me do just the job. I got them from my local Nike outlet store for around £30-40 about a year ago, so they're pretty worn - but i've found them on Amazon here (Link Here)

I love going to classes with my Mum and friends, it's a nice way to end a Monday, if works been a bit hectic or you've had the Monday blues. You leave very relaxed, then wake up the following day with aching abs and arms! You can really feel it working!

If this is something you fancy doing from home, these are some of the videos I like to use! 





Doing this for 30 mins to an hour a few times a week really helps strengthen your core and your back! My Mum suffers from a bad back, and has done for as long as I can remember and Mum hasn't struggled with the workouts once, it can be done at your own pace, and there is always ways of making it harder and going up a level!

If you try out Pilates let me know in the comments!

Where's your favourite place to work out?
Do you also have co-ordinating working wear?

Catch you tomorrow!
Thanks for reading,
Sophie
thecococrush
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment