Closet Confidential TAG | Sophie

The 'Closet Confidential' tag was created by Fleur DeForce a lot of people do it on in a video. I thought I would do it as this weekends blogpost, as myself and Yasmin were unable to film this week.

What is the oldest item in your wardrobe/closet?
The oldest item in my wardrobe is something that my parents bought me for Christmas back in 2001 when I was 8, when Lady and the Tramp 2 came out. These are the most comfortable slipper socks I own and I love them, they still fit, and still have all of the rubber grips on the bottom even though they've been through the wash a gazillion times! 13 years later I still wear them!




What is the newest item in your wardrobe/closet?
The newest item is something I've worn a lot since I bought it in mid March. It's this Oversize Shirt from Topshop which was £30 (£27 with student discount). I love the colours it's different to the other check pattern clothes I have, the yellow is really nice and the blue is almost a light denim colour. I like to wear this with acid wash jeans buttoned all the way up, or even open with leggings and a plain grey cropped t-shirt underneath and my black converse. This shirt is probably long enough to wear as a shirt dress with some black tights as it gets a bit warmer.


What is the most expensive item?
The most expensive item in my wardrobe I bought over 2 years ago, and I wear it every autumn/winter. It is the Barbour Classic Waxed Beadnell in the colour Bark, the RRP is £199.00 but I got mine from Freeport Designer Outlet and it was 15% off so I paid about £170, not expensive for some but for a student who works park-time in retail it was a lot of money for me. It's warm, waterproof and a classic. My Dad has had his for over 15 years now, so I knew it would last me a long time, which was how I justified spending that much money at the time! It has a gorgeous traditional tartan inside and a zip and poppers so that you can add the linings to make it even more warm and snug!



What is the cheapest/most affordable item? (that you wear/use a lot!)
The cheapest item in my wardrobe are these H&M Divided Black Basic strap tops! They're prefect for layering, great in the summer to wear with skirts, shorts or patterned trousers, at the moment with the weather we have in the UK, I like to wear them under blouses or thin jumpers. The H&M ones come in two styles - one longer and one shorter. The longer ones I tend to wear with leggings again under jumpers. They are £3.99 last ages and come in a load of different colours, I have the standard, black, white, grey, beige and then a few pastels ready for summer.



What is the biggest bargain?
My biggest bargain are my Jeffrey Campbell Foxy's in Teal, I got these 2 years ago in Office at the time I think these were about £110 which honestly I would pay for them because they're such good quality, comfortable and I'd tried on my friends pair and fell in love with them! I popped into town one day and Office had a sale on, and there they were, the last pair in my size, for £45!! I squealed in the shop, I even remember my Mum saying (shouting) GET THEM NOW! I've got so much wear out of them although they are blue they still go with a lot of things I already own. For my 21st birthday by best friends even bought me a second pair in leopard print! They know me so well, I love them!





What was the biggest waste of money?
The biggest waste of money was something I had wanted for a while. They are Chelsea Riding Boots, I got them in the sale in Debenhams for £60, they are real leather and suede. As Chelsea boots I love them although they do make my feet look quite big. Getting ones with the knee high stirrup attachment was a bit of a waste of money, as I could have got cheaper leather Chelsea Ankle Boots else where. I had been eyeing them up for ages. So for that money, I don't wear them as much as I would have liked, but sometimes my Mum wears them so it's not all bad.



BONUS: Three Favourite Items Right Now
The three things I am loving right now are three separates, I definitely could not wear these all together!

The first thing is a cardigan/jacket from H&M £29.99. It's almost like a faux wool cardigan its slightly cropped has 3/4 length sleeves, it doesn't have any buttons or fasteners, but for those days when it's sunny but still a bit chilly, it's perfect! It's pink too, which I've never been a fan of, but this seasons trends have really taken me by storm and I am loving all these pastel pinks on the rails!

The next thing is a Primarni (Primark) bargain! Also a little reminder of my childhood. They are My Little Pony Lounge Pants. They're super comfy, sometimes I wear them to bed but I mainly lounge around on a sunday in them. Occasionally pop to the shop for milk and breakfast in them. I like wearing them with my mint green H&M strap top and mint green hoody. They have a few other My Little Pony things in there too like tote bags, t-shirts and leggings, but these are just perfect! 


My final favourite is something that my brother got me last Christmas. They are the Converse All Star, Low Black Canvas, which are about £45 in most shoe shops. I wear them a lot! They look lovely with frilly socks, great with skater skirts, midi skirts, jeans, leggings, everything in fact. I have converse in other colours but nothing goes with everything like these do. 




Hope you guys liked my first fashion based post!

What are your closet confidential's?
Do you have any socks that are 13 years old?

If you liked this post let me know maybe I can do some more!

Let us know in the comments what you think we love hearing from our Crushers!

Lots of Love,
Sophie 
xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment